Tuesday, February 01, 2011

ice day

Today Grey didn’t have school, and I didn’t have work!!!  Wonderful!  Dallas had a major ice storm roll thru and we are covered in ice here.  Unfortunately I did not go out and take any pictures (are you kidding…it was a wind chill of 1 degree!!!!).  Last week, on Thursday I noticed Grey wasn’t feeling his normal self.  So I kept him home and he seemed to just get worse, so Friday morning we went to the Dr.  Yup, Grey had the flu AND strep.  Ella was also positive for Strep.  So we had already been home since Thursday and indoors.  With it being so cold today I just didn’t think it would be a good idea for the kids to get outside.  Instead we made a fun dessert to have at home.  Brownie Pops (minus the pop!).  We made brownies, mixed them up with icing, then cut them into hearts and covered them with almond bark.  Seriously yummy!!

IMG_2594 IMG_2599 IMG_2600

No comments: