Wednesday, February 02, 2011

ice day – take two

We got ANOTHER day off this week!  Awesome.  Except that the kids were sick last week, and so, we haven’t been outside of this house since Friday.  I’m going stir crazy.  They are going stir crazy. I am going stir crazy!!  So I decided to brave the weather and go to Target and McDonalds.  By the time we got to Target (which is literally walking distance from my house) I realized WHY there was no school and no work today and really questioned my sanity for being out.  It was beyond cold and the roads were horrid.  Then I remembered that my kids are the two worst shoppers in the world.  So that was fun.  NOT.  After Target, McDonalds is just a block away, so I figured it was better to try that than to try my patience.  We drove down, slipping and sliding.  Got the kids out, get in line, and sure enough, rolling blackouts hit and McDonalds looses power.  Fun.  So we had to leave and just hit a drive thru and head home.  All in all, though, it was a great day.  I’m loving being able to be at home with the kiddos and not have any stress of how many hours of work I have done and if the quality of my work is upstanding.  It’s been great to just hang out and play and enjoy my time at home!  And since no post is complete without a picture, here is one of Grey ---still in his jammies and playing Legos.  A happy, happy boy!

1

No comments: