Monday, March 30, 2009

Getting Healthy

So, this is where we have been spending some time lately. Let me start off by saying that I am not particularly fond of exercise. I've stayed in shape doing sports I enjoy and then the past few years, chasing around a very active little boy has kept me going. But, in general, I am not a eat healthy, work out kind of person. We are trying to change that. We joined Lifetime and enjoy it so far. I've done yoga and that was interesting. Just like I am not a healthy person, I am not a relax and meditate person. Yoga is going to stretch my limitations in many ways - physically and mentally stepping out of my comfort zone. I think I will go back. I need to practice relaxing, though. The nice instructor was talking so softly and calmly and encouraging us to relax, enjoy our me time, etc, etc. I kept looking at the clock. So, its not exactly my kind of exercise. But, I will figure it out...getting out of your comfort zone is part of exercising anyway, isn't it? We've also tried the rock wall and that is more in my comfort zone. Something individual, intense, non-relaxing! I will definitely do that on a regular basis. And the pool....wow!!! Grey loved it. We can go and get in a great work out while they provide childcare for the kids. Grey had a blast and didn't want to leave the kids zone until we showed him the pool. He did the slide over and over and over and so on. He had a blast. So, that makes it easier for us to want to work out when we have Grey constantly asking to go back again! So, maybe someday I will work up enough courage to run - I hate running, but the idea of working towards a triathlon is very interesting to me. It may be a goal some where way (and i mean way) down the line. I have no idea how to start for that, but maybe someday....

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Up until 2 weeks ago- I worked in the child center there. I felt like I needed to stop and take care of the kids since there are 4 of them now and the house is falling apart from the inside out- can you say chaos and clutter for 6? I am glad to see you have found a good place to go though! I enjoyed working for them and we spent a major part of the summer in the pool! Those are some cute babies you have there, friend! Good to see you are happy!
Love ya,
Kayren