Sunday, April 10, 2011

M. I. A.

So, I've been a bit of a blog slacker lately. On my behalf, I do have to say it's been a pretty rough go the past few weeks. Before we went to Houston, both kiddos had strep and flu. That was fun. Not. Then we went to Houston and on the Sunday while we were there I though Ella seemed "off". Sure enough, another case of strep. While we were in Houston, the man I consider like a grandfather, who has been battleing cancer, was in the hospital, in ICU. We were able to see him (even the kids) and tell him how much we love him. Ella sang him twinkle twinkle little star and Grey told him a few knock knock jokes. After that weekend he took another turn for the worse and they decided to go home on Hospice and let him be at peace. So a week later, we lost an amazing man. I know heaven is rejoicing with a new angel. So Billy and I headed back to Houston for the funeral. We left the kids with Billys mom that weekend and sure enough, Grey came down with a virus. Yuck! So we come back from an emotional trip to a puking boy. And to add insult to injury, that Monday I woke up with pink eye. Lovely!! So we limp thru the week, have a lazy weekend. And guess what? The next Monday night (or Tuesday morning) I wake up to Grey vomitting again. Yay! Because we haven't had enough illness! Soooooooo... There are all my excuses! I hope we are back on track and healthy cuz we've got a lot to get done around here! We've had to put off all our spring projects due to the random craziness!

This weekend we wanted a relaxing, fun weekend and that's just what we had! We slept in, lazed around, worked on Greys upcoming birthday party, and had a yummy trip to Bahama Bucks! Since no blog entry is complete without a few pictures, here ya go!




Checking out the future "Camp Grey".






Good times at CiCis pizza (Greys choice. He'd been dying to go!)







Bahama Bucks. Yum!!!








Grey and Billy fixing Greys bike.







Ella swinging.

Overall, it was a really fantastic weekend. But, I'm afraid all those spring time projects and chores are still needing to be done. *Sigh*

~ Amber

No comments: