Thursday, December 10, 2009

joy of the day

My joy for today....give me a few minutes and I'll get to it.

I started this little daily positive thought for two reasons, one being that in this time of so much WANT (not need) and so little resources, it is important to focus on the joyous moments we already have. And two, because it helps to create a habit by doing something 30 days - so 30 days of positive thinking, should help me to become a more positive person.

Today has been a frustrating day. Nothing major, but let me explain. My job allows me to work from home 2 days a week. This has been one of my joys. Today was rough though. Ella is teething and just flat out wants her Momma to hold her. Yet, I have a job to do, and I must do it. It is hard to be a working mom. It is hard to be a stay-at-home mom. And it is really hard to try and combine the two. So it's been a hard day. Poor Ella just wanted comfort and I was struggling between feeling like I wasn't doing a good job at work and I wasn't doing a good job at being a mom. Then Grey got home and was in a difficult mood. So, while I'm working, and being a mom to two unhappy kiddos I was also cooking one of my 2 good meals (a pot of beans and sausage, cornbread, and rice - YUM!). I had Grey ride the bus home today, just so I could stay home and cook. It cooked all day; the house smelled so good. And somehow, while trying to soothe Ella, work my job, take care of Grey, dinner got scorched. Not just burned, scorched. Soooo frustrating! I was looking forward to dinner and Billy was looking forward to it (its one of his favorites). I talked to my Mom, was able to salvage the beans and sausage, made the rice and started the corn bread. Of course I didn't have one of the ingredients! It was just that kind of day!! But, I have a wonderful husband. He didn't care that dinner was ruined. He was willing to pick up fast food, or just eat what I had left. He has taken care of the kids tonight and let me try to just relax. So, my joy for today is in my husband. He is a fantastic husband, an unbelievable father, and my greatest support.

1 comment:

Beth said...

I am enjoying reading your joys :-)
I sooo understand days like these! I think that the days it's harder are the days that are soooo important to remember our joy! I am glad you have Billy...I feel the same way about Dax! Thank you for sharing your joy, friend :-)