Tuesday, January 30, 2007

No new pictures today, but I have some memories I want to get down just as keepsakes.

Grey is seriously into Superman. He has a cape he runs around wearing, and when he runs, he always puts one arm out like Superman does when he flies. This weekend we watched Superman II and Grey has been acting out the movie. He gets one of his Superman action figures and makes him throw a car, and then catch it. He yells "Help Superman" and Grey thows the car and has Superman "catch" it. It's very cute. And really fun to watch his little mind work out the movie.

Another thing about Grey is his very active imagination. We go on elephant hunts, and tigers follow us around. Lately, he's had a dinosaur that follows us. The other night, Grey was in bed and started calling for me. I came in and he said "Dinosaur did it". I asked what the dinosaur did and he said "Dinosaur spanked my bottom". I have no idea what was going on in his mind, but I had to tell the dinosaur that it was Greys bedtime and Grey could not play, and could the dinosaur come back tomorrow for playtime. Very interesting stalling technique!

Grey is learning different ways to get around - run, march, that type of thing. His new favorite is to "boing". He wants to "boing" to bed, or to the potty chair, or to the table, or whatever. He hops up and down and says "boing". Another favorite is to roll. So, sometimes when it's time for bed he wants to roll to bed. That is a favorite, I think, because it takes longer to get to bed. He's a smart cookie!

Anyway, these are just a few of the new things Grey is doing to keep us entertained. He never fails to amaze us!

No comments: